HOW TO ANSWER TELL ME ABOUT YOURSELF IN A JOB INTERVIEW

 A lot of people failed to answer this question in a job interview, most people when they are asked, they start to explain a lot of things which are not job related.

When you are asked about this question you need to give a

“Tell me about yourself.”

What you should consider when answering to this question are:-

1)- 1-2 minutes spoken

2)- Your background: academic, work experience, extra curriculars as they pertain to this job!

3)Why you are there and what you can bring to the job.

4)Your personal brand

                    FOR EXAMPLE

 (interviewing for an entry level position in an on-profit organization)

“My name is JACKLINE MSOWOYA. I graduated from University of Dar es salaam with a degree in women’s studies. I started at UDSM with a major in biology, thinking I was going to pursue a career in environmental protection. But then,two things happened. First, I realized that I was more interested in environmental policy rather than the scientific aspect. Then I took an elective in women’s rights and a light went on for me. I had always supported women’s rights and was amazed that it continues to be an issue in this day and age. Since that time, I have been able to volunteer and work on behalf of women’s rights, both for abused women as well as homeless women. I am here today because I believe my demonstrated passion for women’s rights as well as my experience in non-profit organizations will be beneficial to your organization.”

Thank you 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHY YOUR EFFORT ON JOB SEARCH IS FAILING

COMMON MISTAKES TO AVOID AT ALL COST IN YOUR CV